We didn't think that the Lag and other HyVibe guitars could get much cooler, but with the handsfree operation of the effects and options with the AirTurn Bluetooth BT200S-4 controller, it's does - and it blows both players and listeners away.
If you are not familiar with AirTurn products, we are proud to introduce you to this USA company with an environmental commitment. AirTurn continuously innovates new ways to reduce waste. From office paper to defective products, recycling is a top priority of theirs as is technology that is simple to use and makes things, like operating Bluetooth products easier.
The most important thing to know about many of the AirTurn products are that, like the name suggests, you can 'turn' or operate any tablet and bluetooth technology, like the HyVibe preamp, without wires and handsfree!
If you own or are a looking to buy a HyVibe guitar and would like the ability to switch effects at any time without taking your hands off playing the guitar, this controller pedal is perfect. It also makes the looper function endless!
- Bluetooth 4 connection
- Seven operational modes
- Four momentary footswitches
- App configurable midi commands
- Rechargeable battery (150 hours per charge!)
- 9V plug in for pedalboard
- MAC/IOS/Android and HYVIBE compatible
Resources For Connection with A HyVibe:
Here’s a video tutorial on how to connect your guitar to the pedal
Before connecting the pedal to the guitar for the first time
1. Download the AirTurn app. The app is available for iOS and for Android.
2. Turn on the AirTurn pedal and hold the right button until the red light flashes one time. You are now in mode 1 and can pair the pedal to your phone.
3. Inside the AirTurn app check for updates and update the pedal.
4. Enter the Advanced settings and switch the pedal to Fast Response and Open Pairing. Click back and, and press Save to AirTurn.
5. Turn Bluetooth off on your phone to disconnect from the pedal and remove the pedal from your phone’s Bluetooth pairings.
6. Hold down the right button on the AirTurn pedal until the red flashes 7 times. You are now in mode 7 (MIDI mode) and can pair to the HyVibe System.
The AirTurn instruction manual can be found here.
Pairing the AirTurn pedal to the HyVibe System
1. Enter the MIDI menu on the HyVibe System.
2. Turn MIDI on. You will enter the scanning screen.
3. Press Scan. When the pedal appears on the menu, press Pair. After successfully pairing the pedal to the HyVibe System, you will not need to scan or pair again – the pedal will automatically connect to the HyVibe System when the MIDI is turned on. If you toggle the MIDI mode on/off, it will scan for the last device that it was paired to.
By default, the right button is assigned to the looper’s ‘record’ function, the left button is assigned to the ‘play / stop’ functions. You can configure your device mapping yourself by using the ‘enter’ button when choosing your device during the scan. You then enter a menu of settings for MIDI assignments.
This menu is dedicated to people with good knowledge of MIDI configuration. You can choose to assign each button from 9 different actions:
HyVibe MIDI Bindings Instructions for the Airturn BT200S-4:
Here are instructions for configuring the functions of the switches.
First, connect the pedal to your guitar. Then, from the ‘MIDI Pedal’ menu press the ‘Enter’ button 3 times and enter the MIDI bindings screen. You have to put the BLE-MIDI Pedal on ‘ON’ to access the bindings menu, even if you don’t have to be connected to your MIDI pedal.
In the bindings screen, scroll through the available functions by using the rotary knob, when you have located the desired function, press the ‘right button’. The cursor will move to the next line, which by default says ‘Disabled’. Turn the rotary knob and switch from Disabled to ‘Channel 1’.
Press the ‘right button’, and with the rotary knob, set ‘Type’ to ‘ctrl chge’ (control change)*
Press the ‘right button’ again to edit the Number settings.
The different pedal switches are programmed on a ‘Number’ which are specific to each of them. You can scroll through these ‘Number’ using the rotary button to choose which one to assign to the function.
On the BTS200-4, the foot switch numbers will be in this order: 64, 66, 65, 67 and if you have an AirTurn BTS200-6, the foot switch numbers will be in this order: 64, 66, 65 , 67, 68.
Once associated, press the ‘right button’ to return to the top of the bindings, then the ‘Enter’ button to return to the main menu.
The following chart displays hypothetical binding configurations for the AirTurn BT pedal series. Please not that the channel is always = 1, and Type always = Ctl Chge
Additional steps for HyVibe firmware V2.2.0:
You will have to modify the configuration by following these instructions:
- Access “Effect Next” inside the MIDI control settings on your guitar.
- Disable ‘Effect Next’
- Scroll to “Effect Previous”, and assign the “Number” to 67
- Go to the “Effect Switch” setting, and change the “type” to “Ctrl chge” and “Number” on 65
You can then exit the Midi menu, and it should be working fine.