The Washburn WCG66SCE is a Grand Auditorium style acoustic/electric guitar with a venetian cutaway for superior upper fret access. A highlight of the Comfort Series is the beveled strip of mahogany at the lower bout which becomes part of the mahogany top binding.
The guitar features a book matched solid Cedar top, spalted maple back and sides, mahogany/maple bound body and headstock. The satin finished mahogany neck has an ebony fingerboard devoid of inlays and in tandem with the mahogany bound ebony bridge adds an aura of understated elegance.
A maple/mahogany/maple strip splits the book matched spalted maple back as well. The spalted maple capped headstock features a pearl inlaid Washburn logo and stylized W as well as Grover 18:1 tuners with ebonite buttons. The gorgeous rosette is made of alternating maple and mahogany.
The WCG66SCE is a fantastic sounding acoustic guitar in its own right but the addition of premium Fishman electronics makes for an outstanding stage performance guitar. The Fishman Presys+ is an integrated tuner/preamp system for versatile amplified tonal shaping.
BODY & CONSTRUCTION
- Top Wood Solid Western Red Cedar
- Back Wood Spalted Maple
- Sides Spalted Maple
- Bracing Cathedral Peaked Scalloped-X
- Rosette Washburn Parquet, 3-Ring
- Type Acoustic Guitars
- Shape Grand Auditorium
- Style 6 String Acoustic, Cutaway
- Controls Volume, built-in tuner, bass/middle/treble, notch/mic blend/phase
- Preamp System Fishman Presys+ 501T w/tuner
- Color Natural
- Finish Gloss Finish
- Strings D'Addario EXP-16 light set phospher bronze
- Additional Info Case: GCGADLX-U (not included)
- Neck Wood Satin Mahogany with 2 way Truss Rod
- Fretboard Ovangkol
- Number Of Frets 20 frets
- Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1-3/4"
- Scale 25-5/16"
- Hardware Black Hardware
- Bridge Mahogany Bound Ovangkol
- Tuners 18:1 with Black Buttons