Hagstrom Viking Deluxe 12-String
The hardness of maple enhances tonal brilliance, so it was natural for us to develop Hagstrom’s 12-string Viking® Deluxe. Maple used throughout the body and neck results in a brilliant voice for this guitar. Standard equipment on Hagstrom is our H-Expander™ truss rod and Resinator™ fretboard. Both of these features also enhance acoustics by emphasizing the octave strings, balancing them with the naturally fuller standard strings, resulting in a lush, chorale-like acoustic platform upon which we build our Hagstrom pickup magic. The magic comes from our H-50 humbucking pickups, designed and voiced specifically for this 12-string model. Gorgeous vintage-sounding clean tones can heat up nastily when overdriven, taking this 12-string into new sonic territory.
More than 200 pounds of pressure are exerted on the neck of a 12-string guitar, a problem for traditional guitar designs. However, Hagstrom’s unique H-Expander™ truss rod, inspired by designs used in jet aircraft manufactured in Sweden by Saab, handles this with no problem, and even allows for an incredibly thin neck for playing comfort with no compromise in stability. Your neck will stay straight for years to come with Hagstrom’s Viking® Deluxe 12-string.
Viking Deluxe 12-String Specs
- Material: Ply Flamed Maple
- Top: Contoured
- Style: Semi-Hollow
- Joint: Set Neck
- Material: Canadian Hard Maple
- Truss Rod: H-Expander™
- Material: Resinator™
- Radius: 15"
- Inlays: Pearl Block
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24,75" (628 mm)
- Nut: GraphTech Black Tusq XL
- Nut Width: 45 mm
- Pickups: 2 x Hagstrom H-50
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Controls: 2 x Volume / 2 x Tone
- Bridge: Long Travel Tune-O-Matic with Hagstrom Stop Tail
- Tuning Keys: Hagstrom Design 18:1
- Strings: D'Addario EXL 150 (010/.010, .013./013, .017/.008, .026w/.012p, .036w/.018p, .046w/.026w)